The Phenix City Housing Authority (PCHA )is implementing Rent Café, a new software that will promote improved communication with you and increase efficiency in the way PCHA operates.
Click here to access our site: (I will need to you our link)
Register for a Fast, Easy Application with Rent Café’:
- Save your application and log in at any time to continue.
- Check the status of your applications.
- Use your account with multiple applications.
To create your PCHA account, you must have a valid email address. If you do not have a valid email, you will need to create one. Below are links to access popular email providers.
Gmail Yahoo! Outlook
For our current Public Housing Residents and HCV Households you should have received a letter with instructions to register for Rent Café. If you have not yet registered, please do so as soon as possible by clicking HERE. (Goes to Rent Café’ site).
To apply – you must be at least 19 years old or a dependent of the Head of the Household.
Preference in Public Housing is offered to:
- Catastrophic Involuntary Displacement (Fire, Tornado, Hurricane)
- Veterans of the Armed Services that are currently homeless
- Working Families (the Head of the Household, spouse or Co-Head must be employed at least 20 hours per week and must have been on the job for at least six months prior to admission, self-employed (must provide official IRS transcripts) attending school full time, participating in a job training program)
- Elderly or Disabled
So you have applied, what’s next?
- Once your application has been processed, you will be called to schedule an interview time.
- Application Interviews for Public Housing are conducted Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM EST or 2:30 PM – 5:00 PM EST.
- Please arrive on time, or you are not guaranteed to be seen.
- All family members over the age of 18 must be present
- All parties must stay for the interview process
- It is suggested to not bring small children with you as this process is somewhat lengthy
- Documents to bring with you: Failure to bring in ALL information will delay your application process.
- Birth certificates or other acceptable birth verifications, shot records, picture ID/ drivers license, school records, voter registration
- Social Security cards
- All final divorce decrees
- Marriage certificate
- Most current landlord’s name and complete mailing address
- Employer’s name and complete mailing address
- Most recent Social Security/SSI award letter
- Child support check stubs
- Unemployment check stubs
- Veterans benefit award letter
(Add Link to Paper Application Here)
If you have any questions, please send them to: email@example.com or contact our Occupancy Office at 334-675-4073 – 1500 11th Avenue, Phenix City, AL.